Scalloped Pork and Potato Casserole
Tried, tested and true. One of my favourite recipes. Recipe courtesy of the Canadian Milk Calendar, circa 1992.
boneless pork loin cut into ¼ inch thick
- In a large fry pan, heat the oil and brown meat in batches. Place seared pieces in bottom of 3 L shallow casserole.
- In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Blend in flour, salt, sage, thyme and pepper. Gradually stir in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils and thickens. Remove from heat.
- Stir in potatoes and onions in the sauce. Pour this mixture over the pork.
- Bake, covered, in 350 Degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove cover and stir to combine meat, vegetables and sauce. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Preheat broiler. Sprinkle parmesan cheese over casserole. Broil until golden brown.
Prep Time ~ 30 minutes
Cook Time ~ 1 hour
Serves ~ 6 to 8