Spiralized Herbed Veggies
Spiralized Herbed Veggies with pesto
- 1 potato, spiralized
- 1 zucchini, spiralized, salted and drained on paper towel for 5 mins
- 1 carrot, spiralized
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp pesto, homemade or bought
In a large skillet heat butter and pesto.
Add onion, celery and garlic. Saute 1 minute or so.
Add Spiralized veggies and saute and toss for about 4 minutes until tender/ crisp.
Enjoy as a side dish.
Rustic Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Combine the finely minced basil, garlic, and pine nuts in a bowl.
Add 1/2 cup of the oil and whisk until fully incorporated and smooth.
Season with salt and pepper and mix in the cheese.
Spiromat Spiralizer by Westmark
This gadget, made in Germany by Westmark, makes old ho-hum fruits and veggies NEW.
Turn any vegetables or fruits such as carrots, cucumber, potatoes, cabbage, zucchini and apples into three different sizes of spirals.