Sesame Scallops with Sweet Chili Sauce
From Rose Reisman's "Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss"
Large scallops have a sweet flavour and are much tastier that the small bay scallops. The key is not to overcook them so they become dry. Be sure not to use hot chili sauce for this recipe. Sweet chili sauce can be found in the ketchup aisle of your grocery—Heinz makes my favourite flavour. Black and white sesame seeds make a beautiful garnish. You can usually find them in Japanese supermarkets, or anywhere sushi is sold.
- 1 lb large scallops
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp lower-fat mayonnaise
1. Dip 1 side of each scallop into the egg white. Sprinke some sesame seeds overtop the egg-glazed side. In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and sauté the scallops for about 2 minutes per side or just until cooked.
2. Combine the chili sauce and mayonnaise and serve alongside the scallops, sesame seeds facing up.
* Recipe courtesy of: Rose Reisman's "Secrets for Permanent Weight Loss" 2005, Whitecap Books, page 139
Garnish with a curled strip of green onion and serve on Denby White or Art Glass plates.
Swiss Diamond Pans
Cook your flank steak to perfection using a professional quality Swiss Diamond fry pan. Swiss Diamond products use the natural properties of diamonds to conduct heat quickly and efficiently.
Try out the new Cuisipro Tongs for turning the scallops.