Spicy Thai Chicken Curry
Serves - 4
Preparation - 15 min
Cooking - 18 min
I n g r e d i e n t s
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 1 tsp (5 mL) minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 ActiFry spoons canola oil, divided
- 1 each red and green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) coconut milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) green Thai curry paste
- 2 ActiFry spoons chopped fresh coriander
- Lime wedges (optional)
Place the chicken strips, gingerroot, salt, pepper, chili pepper and garlic in the ActiFry pan. Drizzle evenly with half of the oil. Cook for 8 minutes or until browned. Transfer the chicken to a bowl; reserve. Add the peppers, zucchini and remaining oil to the ActiFry pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk the coconut milk with the cornstarch and curry paste until smooth. Add this mixture and the reserved chicken to the ActiFry pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is cooked through.
Stir in the coriander. Serve with lime wedges (if using).
Serve over steamed rice or warm rice noodles.
Substitute turkey breast for the chicken. Substitute light (lite) coconut milk for regular coconut milk to reduce the fat content in the curry sauce.