Saucy Chicken with Pineapple
Serves - 4
Preparation - 15 min
Cooking - 18 min
I n g r e d i e n t s
- 1 lb (500 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast, sliced into thin strips
- 2 ActiFry spoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 ActiFry spoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (398 mL) pineapple chunks, drained (juice reserved*)
- 1/2 ActiFry spoon ground ginger
- 1/2 ActiFry spoon mild curry powder
- 2 ActiFry spoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 1 cup (250 mL) cold water
- 1 ActiFry spoon lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 ActiFry spoons reserved pineapple juice*
Toss the chicken strips with half of the cornstarch, salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to the ActiFry pan. Drizzle evenly with the oil. Cook for 5 minutes.
Stir pineapple chunks with the ginger, curry powder soy sauce and remaining salt and pepper until combined. Add pineapple mixture to the ActiFry pan. Let stand, covered, in the ActiFry for 5 minutes to marinate.
Whisk the water, remaining cornstarch, brown sugar and reserved pineapple juice until combined. Add to the ActiFry pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until chicken is tender and cooked through.
Serve over hot, cooked basmati rice or rice noodles.
For additional colour and to provide beneficial nutrients such as vitamins A and C, add chopped fresh red and orange peppers along with the pineapple mixture.